Please click on the button to electronically complete the COVID-19 Screening Form prior to your appointment.
DENTAL PAIN during Coronavirus
YOU DO NOT NEED An N95 MASK Here’s why - Doctor explains (COVID-19)
Update: June 17, 2020
TO OUR VALUED EMERSON DENTAL FAMILY
We hope this letter finds you and your family in good health. Our community has been through a lot over the last few months, and all of us are looking forward to resuming our normal habits and routines as soon as we are able. While many things have changed, one thing has remained the same, our commitment to SAFETY, PATIENT EXPERIENCE and EXCELLENCE!
Infection control has always been a top priority at Emerson Dental. Our office exceeds the infection control recommendations made by the American Dental Association (ADA), the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), the Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA), and the Massachusetts Department of Public Health (MDPH).
In keeping with our commitment to safety and excellence we have made the following changes to help protect our patients and staff. You will see some of these changes when it is time for your next appointment.
Some of our physical changes & equipment upgrades include:
- Of course you will notice we will look different when you arrive for your next dental visit from our Personal Protective Wear to changes to office layout. Some things you may not see visually but will be in place are:
- We have installed IQair and Austin Air purifiers see links below on how this helps protect all of us
- We have also installed Guardian QR+ UV sanitizers in the HVAC systems which will take our air purification to the next level of safety for everyone in the office.
- CEREC single visit crowns allow us to minimize dental office visits and contact along with digital x-rays and intra-oral cameras both which have been a mainstay of our treatment since we first opened.
- We are now evaluating a number of other digital and hands-free diagnostic options for our patient safety goals
- Due to the extremely inflated cost of PPE and added infection control procedures we are forced to add an additional charge of $10.00 to all appointments. Please know that we are working diligently with all of our insurance carriers to find ways to mitigate these fees for our patients.
Some of our logistical changes will include:
Updating and filling out paperwork before coming to your appointment
- We have updated our website to allow you to update your medical history and added a COVID-19 Questionaire for you to fill out before your appointment.
- You'll be asked those same questions again when you are in the office
- Pre-payment online or by phone will also be an option to reduce traffic at our front office
Temporary "Locked Door Policy"
- Only patients with scheduled appointments will be allowed in the office in order to follow social distancing protocols.
- When you arrive for your appointment please call the office to let us know you have arrived.
- We will alert you when your clinician is ready to seat you.
Temperature Check When You Arrive
- We will meet you at the door to check your temperature with a touchless forehead thermometer and review your COVID-19 Questionnaire upon arrival.
Social Distancing Guidelines
- Wearing a face mask while you are in the building is required and we will ask that you wear it while in our office as well except when you are having your dental treatment.
- To follow social distancing guidelines, only the person scheduled for the appointment will be allowed in the office unless there are extenuating circumstances. This must be arranged prior to your scheduled appointment
- Appointment times will be lengthened to allow for social distancing between patients and to allow for lengthened sterilization of each operatory after every procedure. Unfortunately, that means that we will temporarily have to create fewer appointment slots per day and minimize traditional scheduling overlaps.
Physical Changes to Office to Reduce Surface Risk
- Our coffee maker has been removed and replaced with sanitizing and COVID-19 check in area. Children's toys have been temporarily removed.
- Magazines have been removed as these are difficult to clean and disinfect.
- We have hand sanitizer throughout the office and everyone will be asked to use it when you enter the office.
- We ask that you bring minimal items into the office. You will be provided with a bag to place your cell phone when you arrive. We ask that you refrain from using this during your appointment.
We feel confident that by following these protocols we can safely practice dentistry and provide you the best possible care. We look forward to seeing you again and are happy to answer any questions you may have about the steps we take to keep you, and every patient, safe in our practice.
Thank you for being part of our Emerson Dental Family. We value your trust and loyalty and look forward to welcoming back our patients, neighbors and friends.
Dr Wu, Dr Swee, Dr Kwon, Dr Serrano and the entire Emerson Dental Team!